CONTEST FOR THE OFFICIAL LOGO:
“Authors and Directors with a Cause : Inspiring Young Europeans Today?” (“ADC”) 2014/2016
Regulations of the contest
- General Objective
To organize a contest for the creation of the official logo for Erasmus+ programme of Strategic Partnerships project “Authors and Directors with a Cause: Inspiring Young Europeans Today?” (“ADC”).
- Concrete objectives of the partnership
- To encourage and motivate students to use literature and cinema as means of understanding their social, cultural, economic, political and historic background.
- To encourage students to communicate in foreign languages with students in other partner schools.
- To improve students’ media and ICT skills.
- To promote students’ social skills through participation in various activities.
- To integrate students with special needs and to promote cross-curricular learning by introducing a variety of different teaching/learning methods.
- Use of the logo
This logo will be used in administrative documentation, promotional materials, web pages and other media documents/final products resulting from the project.
- Who can participate
All students (individually or in groups) of all schools involved in the project:
- Lycee Descartes, Tours – France;
- Stadtteilschule Barmbek, Hamburg – Germany;
- IX Liceum Ogolnoksztalcace im Jaroslawa Dabrowskiego, Lodz – Poland;
- Zidiku Marijos Peckauskaites vidurine mokykla, Mazeikiai region – Lithuania;
- Colegiul National Pedagogic “Stefan Velovan”, Craiova – Romania;
- Agrupamento de Escolas Gil Eanes, Lagos – Portugal;
- Instituto Comprensivo Lucignano, Lucignano – Italy.
- Each participating school submits 3 works.
- Participants are responsible for the originality of the submitted work.
- Participants must assume all liability for third party claims in respect of copyright and related rights.
- a printed logo or a drawing includes the title of the project;
- size: 15cm x 15cm;
- version « black and white » of logo;
- a and b in digital support (CD, USB device, or other);
- a description of the logo.
- Each work has to be delivered in a sealed envelope including the pseudonym of the participant.
- The identification of each participant must contain the full name, year and class. This identification will be kept anonymous.
- The existence of any signature or initials on the logo will result in elimination from the contest.
- The application period runs from the 15th December 2014 until the 27th February 2015.
- The evaluation of proposals takes place during March 2015 at each school.
- Three best logos of each school will be sent to Lagos digitally (to make an exposition of them) until the 15th April 2015.
- The final decision will be announced at the 2nd project meeting that will take place in Lagos, from April 28 to May 2, 2015.
- Place and submission deadline
The submission of the logos will expire at 3 pm, on February 27th 2015, at the School Library.
- Evaluation Criteria
Works are evaluated with respect to the following criteria:
- Creativity, quality and relation to the context.
- Legibility and visibility in digital environments.
- Ease of reduction/enlargement of formats.
- School stage – The jury consists of five elements: the headmaster or his/ her representative, the coordinator of the project, a teacher of Arts, a school employee and a representative of the students or parents.
- Final stage – The jury consists of five elements: the coordinators of the project and one representative of the parents` association.
- All participants receive a certificate.
- The final three are given presents.
- The winner of the contest receives a prize.
The winner has to sign a permission of letting Erasmus+ project “Authors and Directors with a Cause: Inspiring Young Europeans Today?” (“ADC”) use the logo for the purposes mentioned above.
- The winning works may be subjected to some minor changes or adjustments by the coordinators of Erasmus+ project.
- The participation in this contest implies the acceptance of these regulations.